Monday, May 1, 2017

UFO Blog Hop Number 2

Today I am joining Karen at Baublicious and posting another UFO that is finished.  I know that last time I posted a picture of the item I wanted to work on next, but I have not been able to get that one done.  I have a friend, and she's been waiting for a long time for me to finish this for her, so it became a priority.  And now it's finished!

It is the Celtic Trefoil pendant from Diane Fitzgerald's Shaped Beadwork book.  I love this pendant, it is my favorite piece from the book  I forgot to take a before picture - it was almost done, just needed 1/3 of a row, then I zipped it up and added the jump rings.



There is no necklace, she wanted the jump rings to hang it from a chain. I am so glad to have this one finished!!! Please take a look at what everyone else was able to get done:

Karen Williams, Baublicious
Francie Broadie,  FAB
Christine Van Dyke Altmiller, One Kiss Creations
You are here ------>>  Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Liz Hart, Treetop Life
Amy Severino, Amy Beads
Cynthia Machata, Antiquity Travelers
Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
Christi Carter, Sweetpea Path
Bobbie Rafferty, Beadsong Jewelry
Margo Lynn Hablutzel, My World and It's Full of Books


9 comments:

  1. I totally understand how pressing it is when you have someone waiting for something. All other tasks have to take a backseat. I'm sure your friend is pleased to have it finished, and loving it too. It's such a cool design. And, you did a wonderful job with it too! Congrats on getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, nice work! It must have been a challenge to pick up a project this complex in the middle and figure out how to finish it. Your friend is a lucky lady to have such a lovely piece, and I know you must be pleased to give it to her. Now you need to make one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I also have this book and made this pendant! It was not an easy one, but looks like you were up to the task! Love your color way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kim! It turned out lovely - your friend is going to be so pleased! Isn't it interesting how one project will suddenly make its way to the forefront and demand to be finished next?

    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty! I love this pattern, and can only imagine how hard it would be to start and stop on this. It is goregous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done. I made one of these a long time ago. I seem to recall that each row took forever! And it was definitely a little tricky to start. I'm sure your friend will enjoy it. I haven't worn mine in a while. This is a good reminder to dig it out of the box and take it for a spin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to look great on a chain. You did a fabulous job. I find it difficult when I'm using a pattern to stop and then get back on track. I don't have Shaped Beadwork but it might be something I pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job Kim, the pendant is beautiful. I have the same book and have thought many times about trying this pendant, but was just not brave enough to start. Kudos to you for coming back to it and getting it finished I bet your friend was very pleased with the beautiful pendant.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your friend must be thrilled with this pendant! It is a little beauty!

    ReplyDelete