If you are here for the Challenge of Literature, click here.
Michelle Mach is hosting the Tiny Tin challenge today. We purchased two tins, one large and one small, and had to decorate one of them any way we wanted to, or turn them into something else completely.
I haven't done much with papercrafting in a while, except for card making classes that I take when I can. I wanted to do something with the beautiful paper I have been hoarding. I also thought I'd add some of the buttons I had left over from the button swap blog hop.
I didn't want to change anything on that pretty patterned paper, I thought it was perfect.
Here are some shots of the sides:
Then I thought I'd try coloring the edge on the tops with my Spectrum Noir markers. They are alcohol based markers, like Copic markers but much more affordable and they come in a huge range of colors. Thanks to Brenda Sue from B'sue Boutiques I knew they would work on metal if they were cured with a heat gun. I think I'll do another coat since they look a little streaky in the picture.
I really like the way it looks though with the extra color on the edge.
Thanks to Michelle for hosting this and thank you for visiting me! Please visit the other participants to see what they did with their tins:
- Michelle - Beads & Books - Hostess
- Amy - Amybeads
- Brenda - B'Sue Boutiques
- Dawn - Morning Glory Beading
- Jeannie - Jeannie's Blog
- Kay - Palm Coast Art
- Kim - CianciBlue
- Mary - MLH Jewelry Designs
- Mary Shannon - Falling into the Sky
- Michelle - Firefly Visions
- Molly - Beautifully Broken Me
- Pamela - The Crazy Creative Corner
- Patricia G. - My Life Under the Bus
- Patricia L.
- Robyn - A Ponderance of Things
- Shelley - Fabric of My Life
- Terry - Pink Chapeau Vintage Jewelry
- Therese - Domestic Goddess Enterprises
- Therese - Therese's Treasures