Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sari Silk Challenge

My local bead store had a challenge.  We had to use Sari silk ribbon and beads to make something.  I forgot to take a picture of the skein before I started, but here is my finished piece.  I did a cuff with my Mirrix loom.

I used C-lon for the warps, Czech fire polished 4mm crystals, and a button from my stash.  It's backed with Nicole's bead backing so it will hold it's shape, and ultrasuede.  I did the edging in Toho size 11 seed beads.  I really like the way it turned out!  The sari ribbon was a little wide to weave with, and at the beginning I thought about ripping it out and cutting it in half.  I'm glad I kept it, although I may try another one with the ribbon cut in half. 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my blog!  Please check out the Glass Onion Facebook page if you'd like to see some of the other projects.


  1. Looks awesome, Kim... the edging adds great bling to the piece!

  2. That is so BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Kim, I replied to your comment on my blog today.
    Love jean xpx

  3. What a fun challange! Looks great!