Saturday, May 12, 2012

Button Swap Blog Hop

Today I am participating in the Button Swap Blog Hop hosted by Cindy Wimmer. My partner was Jayne Capps at Mama's Got to Doodle. I told her that my favorite color was blue and she sent me a lot of pretty blue buttons. I made a set of earrings and a ring, and I am working on a bracelet, but didn't get to finish that yet. 

Here are the buttons that Jayne sent me:
And here is the ring, as soon as I saw the heart button I wanted a ring:
And the earrings, I am at my Mom's this weekend (she is 3 hours from me) and I forgot to bring the beads I wanted to put with them, so I made the copper discs.  I'll beat them a bit with the hammer when  get home:
and both together:

And here is a picture of my Mom's irises, they are one of her favorite flowers.  I love you Mom, Happy Mother's Day!!!
Thank you Jayne for the great buttons and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!!  Please check out what the other participants did with their buttons:

 Kim Roberts and Partner unable to participate at this time.
Pam Ferarri and Stefanie Teufel (will share their reveal on a later date)
Stefanie Teufel and Pam Ferarri (will share their reveal on a later date)


18 comments:

  1. Love all the sweet little rings! Veyr pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful designs, and gorgeous flowers! our iris are just coming in and I LOVE it - such pretty flowers, and for Mother's Day no less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet ring, and your wire spirals are TERRIFIC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice collection of buttons, I would have picked blue too. Your ring is beautiful, have never tried making a ring shank but after seeing yours I am very temped!
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both pieces, but that ring really snagged me. I'd be wearing that baby all the time! Glad you got to spend time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that ring! Very cute! And the earings are adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lot of buttony goodness you got! I like the ring. Very pretty! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the earrings. The ring is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your pieces turned out quite nicely! Even if you didn't have the beads you wanted, I think the copper coils worked out quite well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the earrings and now I am so inspired to make a button ring!! Cat

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! You hit the mother lode of buttons. Love the swirled wire on the earrings and you did a great job on the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kim! Looks like you received a great assortment of beads to chose from!! Yes, that heart button really deserved to be highlighted, and a ring was the perfect idea! I love seeing all of the ring designs that people made for this swap...I haven't seen one like yours. Your wire work is impeccable! It turned out so sweet & I'd wear it in a heart beat myself! Love the spiral earrings too - I know they will be so fun to wear.
    Your Mom's irises are so beautiful - you can surely tell she has a green thumb! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What pretty buttons you got!!! You are absolutely right, the heart button is a special one, and it is perfect as a ring!

    Thanks for playing along and sharing your work with us <3

    *~* Julia *~* http://beautifullywhimsical.blogspot.com *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute ring and the set of earrings is very pretty. I like the way you set them off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The buttons you received are lovely. I really adore the ring that you made. The earrings are summery and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the ring and earrings that you made! Really like the wire work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great buttons you received! The ring and earrings you made are just darling!!!!

    ReplyDelete