Monday, July 8, 2013

I'm Back!!



I've been gone for a long time.  I've had a lot going on, both good and bad.  My new goal is to make more time for the blog and post at least once a week. 


Some of the things I've been doing while I've been silent:

I am part of Lori Anderson's Bead Hoarder's blog hop, that happens next weekend.  Please come back for it!

In February, I began doing one of the newsletters for Basset Buddies Basset Rescue, they have 3 and mine is about the dogs in foster care.  It's monthly and I love putting it together.  It's nice to be able to help them, they are a wonderful group and help so many homeless dogs. 

I lost my Gunter back in March.  He was 7 years old.  He went from a healthy happy boy to very sick overnight.  We (and the vet) did everything we could for him, but none of it helped and we had to let him go.  He deserves his very own post and I'll do that later this week.  I miss him so much.
Here he is posing for the camera. He was so sweet and such a handsome boy.


Wulfgang had a really hard time without Gunter, so we started looking for another basset right away.  We ended up adopting Heidi from N.E.W Pawsibilities.  She is such a goofball, and Wulfie felt better right away.  I have to say that she helped me a lot too.  She is a Mama's girl, and just what all of us needed.  I cut off poor Wulfgang's head, he's behind her in this picture.


I have been taking a TON of bead classes from my favorite bead store Glass Onion.  The owners Dave and Debbie are wonderful people, I've had so much fun and learned a lot of different techniques.  I've gotten a lot of stitching samplers and learned how to make my own clasps.  I'll post pictures of what I've been doing in another post.  It's kept me really busy but it's been great and I've loved going to bead school.  I also went to Bead and Button, I took a class and of course went shopping.  It was a lot of fun.    

Last week I won a book, from Lark Publishing and the fabulous Jean Yates.  I've had it on my wish list and I can't wait to sit down and read through it (it came Saturday).  I've taken a quick look at the projects and they are gorgeous.  I will post a review after I finish my pieces for the blog hop.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiMlJmCrzkTm17_JO-kF6cxjcAuyvjvZvppAfQO9ReBsxi7VjF3RZTAYHxEI_BgLUjyyFRkFPLGiYac9aq_YihBicICRRfLxTHra4u6-bldeJIM3U3yy8SZ7lC1OSlnBO60ueEyeJR7Kc98/s825/cover-of-Soutache-plus-Anneta-Valious1.png



That's just a little bit of what I've been up to lately, I can't wait to show you what I'm working on now for the blog hop next weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment