Saturday, February 26, 2022

Bead Treasures Blog Hop

 Well Hello, it's been a while!  Once again I am joining Lisa at Pine Ridge Treasures for a blog hop.  We were able to choose the color for the kits and I decided to be different for once and picked green instead of blue.  I have to say it was hard not to go with my favorite color but I'm glad I did.  

Here is my kit from Lisa:

I ended up making 3 pieces.  I did a filled netted necklace with some Toho seed beads I had, and used most of the green and amber crystals.  I finished it with chenille stitch.  I wish I could capture the sparkle, I'm really happy with it.  

 
Then I did another necklace with the clear crystals, the rondelles and one of the big crystal focals.  I added some more Toho beads that I had.  Again this sparkles so much and I just love it.   

 
I wasn't sure what to do next, and then I saw this video in an email from Potomac Beads.  I thought it would be perfect for the green squares, so I made this:
 
 
I haven't done any wire work in a while, and it's a little too small so I may redo it.  I had a lot of fun making it though.
 
 
Now I have Renee Edbrooke's project for you:
She picked the blue kit: 

She decided to do "inchies" from a YouTube video she saw from Turtle Soup Beads (here is the link if you want to see it).  Here are some of the pieces she made:

Renee put them all together in a frame, I think it turned out really nice.  What a fun and unique way to use the kit!


I hope you enjoyed seeing what we made, please take a look at the other blogs to see what everyone else created:

Your hostess: Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist

Heather Canepa, Desert Jewelry Designs

Beti Horvath, Stringing Fool Jewelry

Ann Schroeder, Bead Love

Marde Lowe, FanciMar Designs

Gloria Allen, Wings and Beads

Kim Dworak, and Renee Edbrooke  Cianci Blue  ---------> You are here




4 comments:

  1. Two beautiful sets of jewelry. Brightening up my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of you made wonderful projects. I love the first necklace with the chenille stitch - so pretty! And putting the second set of pieces in a frame is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kim! That netted necklace is very chic. Your wire work on the green bracelet is outstanding. That big crystal focal really is a great finishing touch to your necklace. (Those large crystal focals were some of my favorite beads in the kits I sent). Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee - I really like your framed beadwork. It must have taken a long time to create such pretty and intricate pieces. I am glad the blue kit gave you inspiration. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete